Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I will never catch up

I am sorry I have neglected you for so long. It's not like I've forgotten you or wanted to neglect you. It's not like I've stopped cooking.

What has been stopping me from posting is this: the list. Every time I make something and get really excited about it, I say to myself, "Self, let's post this right away so everyone can make it at their homes and their lives can be better." And then I take pictures and I get excited, and then I look at the list.

It's the list of all the other things that I've made and taken pictures of but still haven't posted yet. In some cases, I have wanted to give them one more whirl to tweak some final proportion. In others, I just don't remember the recipe that well. In some, I barely even remember the event. In most, I just haven't written a witty introduction yet.

So with the New Year and all (sure, my resolution is a month late, but that just proves my overall point even more, doesn't it?), I have decided to just skip the list. Maybe someday I'll dig them out and give them to you, or if anyone really wants one of them, let me know, but I'm just moving forward now: not back.

So here are the ones that y'all missed. Some were pretty good. Some were only going to be filler anyway.

Cashew baklava. Non-traditional. Good.

NY strip steak will shallot apple cider reduction. This one has actually been mentioned a time or two on this blog, but it just hasn't been written down yet.

Shrimp and asparagus pasta with lemon garlic sauce (we needed something to do with the leftover shrimp)

Goat cheese with cranberry and roasted garlic. This is actually a guest post that I've just never gotten to. Sorry.

Honey hoisin blackened pork loin with Thai salad. Seriously good. Seriously a lot of work.

Almond-crusted chicken breast with lemon-ginger sauce.

Spinach-stuffed shells. Pretty good, but nothing to write home about.

Edamame with mint, lemon, and Parmesan. Really, that's all there is to it. Let's do the recipe right now. Take some edamame, add mint leaves, Parmesan cheese curls, drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Done. Glad I got that one off my chest.

Braised shortribs on buttery grits with horseradish cream.


Bean and summer vegetable salad.

Grilled vegetables with pineapple, coconut, lemongrass sauce.

1 comment:

Holly said...

glad I already had my lunch...inspiration for dinner! Also, welcome back -- Raleigh can be one of your top hits again ;)