Pear and Gorgonzola Salad
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 head romaine lettuce (or other type of lettuce)
- 2 ripe pears, sliced
- 1/2 - 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 - 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey mustard vinaigrette (click here for recipe) or some other mild dressing
Chop the lettuce into bite-size pieces. Mix in the pear slices, crumbled Gorgonzola, and cranberries. Add the dressing and walnuts immediately before serving.
If you're serving individual plates at a fancy dinner party or something, try this for some presentation points. Pile the lettuce in the center of a plate, then place some of the pear slices in a fan shape up against it. Instead of crumbling the Gorgonzola, cut it in a slice or a wedge and then lean it up on the pear. Sprinkle the cranberries and walnuts on top, and serve with the dressing.