Friday, April 25, 2008

Roast Asparagus

I love asparagus, but I think a lot of people just blanch it then call it good. Who wants soggy asparagus? I certainly don't.

Roast Asparagus

Ingredients
  • 1 bunch young asparagus (I like thick ones, but some people think they're too tough: decide for yourself)
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut off the white ends of the asparagus; they're tough and not tasty. Coat the asparagus in the olive oil, salt and pepper, then spread them out on a cookie sheet. Grate the cheese over the top, and place in the oven for 6-9 minutes (ovens vary, so watch carefully). I like mine with some crunch in the middle, but the tips and cheese should be crispy. If you leave them in too long, they'll get wilted and kind of gross.

No comments: