Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Albino Meat Loaf

This is another one of those, "shoot, what do I have in my fridge?" recipes that really turned out to be dang good. I'm rather proud of this one.

Albino Meat Loaf

Ingredients
  • 1.5 pounds ground turkey
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 3 slices white bread, processed to crumbs in a food processor
  • 1/2 yellow onion, diced finely
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 - 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 -2 teaspoons pepper
  • 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth (this makes it really juicy)
  • 1 tablespoon Italian herbs (whatever combo you want: parsley, oregano, rosemary, basil)
  • Grated Parmesan cheese
  • Grated mozzarella cheese

I do this whole thing in a stand mixer, and it's very quick and easy. I just dump in all the ingredients except the Parmesan and mozzarella and stir until mixed. I don't have a loaf pan, so I used a pie plate: it makes it makes it thinner so it cooks a little faster. Press the meat mixture into pan, top with the cheeses and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (will vary greatly depending on the thickness and shape).

No comments: