Depending on the strength of your curry powder and your personal taste, you can adjust the curry-ness to your own liking.
Curried Carrot Soup
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2 - inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 1/2 pound), peeled and diced in 1/2 - inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted cashew halves, for garnishing
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for a few more minutes to let the flavors combine. Serve with some fresh cilantro on top with a few cashew halves.