Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
- 3 lbs red potatoes (baby or regular will work)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, parsley)
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 red onion, or 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- A few strips of crispy bacon
Place in a roasting pan with any additional vegetables, and drizzle several good glugs of olive oil over top, then toss until everything is nicely coated. (If adding mustard or garlic, whisk them in a bowl with the olive oil in advance, then pour over the potatoes).
Even out the potatoes into a single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and the fresh herbs. Place in the oven for 40 - 50 minutes, until potatoes are crispy on the outside, but tender inside when pierced with a fork. If they appear to be getting too done on one side, you can flip them about halfway through cooking.